Browse a Genome
Ensembl is a genome browser for vertebrate genomes that supports research in comparative genomics, evolution, sequence variation and transcriptional regulation. Ensembl annotate genes, computes multiple alignments, predicts regulatory function and collects disease data. Ensembl tools include BLAST, BLAT, BioMart and the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP) for all supported species.
What's New in Ensembl Release 87 (December 2016)
- Chicken: Gene set update
- Mouse: update to Ensembl-Havana GENCODE gene set
- New dbSNP data for Sheep
- Zebrafish: update to Ensembl-Havana merged gene set
- New table on Regulation Summary page
- 24 Mar 2017: Contacting the Ensembl Helpdesk? Let us know how to reach you.
- 17 Feb 2017: Free online course – mark II
- 03 Feb 2017: What’s coming in Ensembl release 88