Export custom datasets from Ensembl with this data-mining tool
Search our genomes for your DNA or protein sequence
Analyse your own variants and predict the functional consequences of known and unknown variants
Ensembl is a genome browser for vertebrate genomes that supports research in comparative genomics, evolution, sequence variation and transcriptional regulation. Ensembl annotate genes, computes multiple alignments, predicts regulatory function and collects disease data. Ensembl tools include BLAST, BLAT, BioMart and the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP) for all supported species.
Ensembl Release 93 (July 2018)
- Human dbSNP update – twice as many short variants!
- New regulatory build and GENCODE gene set for mouse
- New species: tiger, leopard and hagfish
- New cat assembly and genebuild
- Changes to the VEP REST API endpoints
More release news on our blog