Browse a Genome
Ensembl is a genome browser for vertebrate genomes that supports research in comparative genomics, evolution, sequence variation and transcriptional regulation. Ensembl annotate genes, computes multiple alignments, predicts regulatory function and collects disease data. Ensembl tools include BLAST, BLAT, BioMart and the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP) for all supported species.
What's New in Ensembl Release 90
- New rodent species
- New genome annotation on the pig assembly Sscrofa11.1
- Mouse: update to Ensembl-Havana GENCODE gene set
- Update to Ensembl-Havana human GENCODE gene set (release 27)
- New probe mapping data for five new rodents
- 22 Aug 2017: Ensembl 90 has been released!
- 11 Aug 2017: Getting to know us: Jyo from Web
- 14 Jul 2017: Getting to know us: Bronwen, Vertebrate Annotation team leader