Browse a Genome
Ensembl is a genome browser for vertebrate genomes that supports research in comparative genomics, evolution, sequence variation and transcriptional regulation. Ensembl annotate genes, computes multiple alignments, predicts regulatory function and collects disease data. Ensembl tools include BLAST, BLAT, BioMart and the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP) for all supported species.
What's New in Ensembl Release 88 (March 2017)
- New dbSNP data for Human
- New dbSNP data for Rat
- Update to Ensembl-Havana human GENCODE gene set (release 26)
- Mouse: update to Ensembl-Havana GENCODE gene set
- Rat: gene set update
- 18 Apr 2017: What’s coming in Ensembl release 89
- 13 Apr 2017: Getting to know us: Emily from Outreach
- 29 Mar 2017: Ensembl 88 has been released!